Thursday 6 May 2010

more upcycling - pjs to lunch bag!

my boy's glow in the dark skeleton pajamas are sadly outgrown!
i've been "trying" to take them to the charity shop
but i just couldn't do it
so inspired by MeridianAriel
i did this instead!



no it's not a ribcage vest
although that would be cool!

after sewing along the bottom edge
{please ignore the awful stitching
me and my machine have a love/hate relationship
mostly based on pure spitting hatred}

i slightly shaped the bottom
and i also hemmed the other edges.



and now my son has a new school lunch bag!
cool!
i was inspired by this tutorial
by MeridianAriel

http://meridianariel.blogspot.com/2010/04/upcycled-tshirt-projectbook-bag.html

she just got a fancy new sewing machine for her birthday
so watch out for other new sewing projects on her blog :o)


6 comments:

Kitschy Coo said...

Very cool! I really need to try that tute too, yours and Apryl's are both awesome :)

Unknown said...

Absolutely fantastic!!

JuicyFig said...

that is so cool!

Kath
x

gtlady said...

Can only say FANTASTIC!

Suzanne Vaughan said...

That is great. Max would LOVE it!

Marie said...

Lovely! I notice you are a follower of my blog and just wanted to let you know that I am having a giveaway this week (ends May 16th) to thank all my followers so if you'd like to stop by and add your name I'll see you there! Cheers, Marie x